Mrs Lucy Cockburn
|Position||Social Work Lecturer and Programme Director|
|Location||E35 Richmond Building|
|Department||Social Work and Social Care|
|Feedback Hours||Please contact me for my office hours, as these change each semester.|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 1274 233177|
Research Interests (key words only)
Parenting; Children and families work; Widening access to HE; Community development
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
- Effective interventions with children, young people and families
- Academic, personal and professional development
- Using art as a reflective and therapeutic tool
- Direct work with children.
- Programme Director
- Staff Student Liaison Committee
- Readiness for Practice Panel
- Social Work Interviews
- Practice Education Panel
Lucy Cockburn is a Social Work lecturer and Programme Director for the BA Working with Children, Young People and families.
She has a background in statutory social work, community arts, community development and adult education. She is undertaking a PhD at the University of Bradford and is using a visual participatory methodology to research the lived experiences of mothers who have experienced family support interventions.
Her teaching specialisms are: children and families, interagency working, social work theories and methods, using art as a reflective and therapeutic tool, direct work with children and the academic, personal and professional development of students.
- BA Psychology University of Manchester 1988-1991
- Social Work training Manchester Metropolitan University 1991-1993
- Teacher training, Leeds, 2002
- M.Res University of Bradford 2016
- Currently a PhD student at the University of Bradford.
Lucy has worked as a statutory social worker, in community arts, community development and adult education.
Lucy is undertaking a PhD at the University of Bradford, and is using a visual participatory methodology to research the lived experiences of mothers who have experienced family support interventions.