Our Mission & Services
Our mission is to offer high quality contracted research, consultancy and training services which facilitate and promote the exchange of ideas, knowledge and expertise. Through our support to specific project interventions we aim to assist our clients to achieve sustainable positive economic and social benefits.
Through our academic research activities staff in SSIS are finely attuned to the world’s current development challenges and work closely with clients and beneficiary groups to jointly generate solutions tailored to their needs. We offer a multi-disciplinary and holistic approach that combines theory and practice effectively. We have a strong track record in delivering world class applied research, consultancy, policy advisory work, skills development and professional development programmes, short or long term training programmes, regeneration support and community engagement programmes. Above all, we ensure our programmes and projects deliver value for money and meet our client’s needs.
The Faculty of Social and International Studies (SSIS) provides services that meet the needs of our clients by combining effectively theory, research and practice and ensuring sustainable and long lasting solutions. These include:
- Innovative and participatory short and long term teaching and training programmes that prioritise the needs of our clients and ensure professional development
- Accredited or non-accredited continuing professional development (CPD) training programmes which can be delivered in the UK or in international locations supported by a virtual distance learning platform
- High quality robust and flexible capacity building programmes, including study tours, staff exchanges, seminars or workshops
- Tailored-made institutional strengthening programmes
- World-class consultancy and advisory services within our key areas of expertise
- Policy analysis, applied research , advice and support
- Technical, economic and financial appraisals