Quaker Peace Studies Trust
The Quaker Peace Studies Trust (Registered Charity No 529095) was set up by Trust Deeds in 1972, following a public appeal, to advance the learning and knowledge of the nature of peace and how peace can be developed and extended.
It funded the first Chair of Peace Studies and International Development at the University of Bradford and financed research and teaching in peace studies, and continues to support the work of the Division of Peace Studies and International Development by the provision of grants and bursaries.
The Division of Peace Studies and International Development is dedicated to a combination of rigorous academic research, teaching and training, mediation, peacemaking and peacebuilding.
The success of the Division has led to many demands and opportunities that cannot be met solely through the usual channels of academic funding. The Quaker Peace Studies Trust appeals for donations or endowments, whether earmarked or unrestricted, to enable it to support the expanding and vital work of the Division. The Trust receives income from a number of sources: from other charitable trusts, from Quaker meetings around the country, from bequests and from individuals as one-off or as regular donations.
What the Trust is currently supporting
- the newly appointed professor of conflict resolution
- student bursaries up to £17,000 per year (administered by the University)
- student study trips to Africa and to Northern Ireland
- the Student Liaison Officer post, which supports students with extra-curricular activities and training
- the annual report and departmental publications
- staff development
Previous Trust initiatives
- the Commonweal Collection of over 11,000 books and pamphlets, 150 current journals and educational materials on issues relating to non-violent social change, housed in the University of Bradford library
- initiatives for peace in Northern Ireland
- practical conflict prevention
- research assistance, for example into nuclear arms control in South Asia, resulting in the establishment of the Pakistan Security Research Centre
Donate to the Quaker Peace Studies Trust
If you wish to make a donation by way of a cheque, with a completed QPST Gift Aid Declaration Form if appropriate (download below). please make your cheque out to 'Quaker Peace Studies Trust' and send to:
The Treasurer, Quaker Peace Studies Trust,
Victoria Hall, Knowsley Street, Bolton,
Email the Quaker Peace Studies Trust - email@example.com
Quaker Peace Studies Trust Gift Aid Form
If you require this information in an alternative format, please contact our team.