All staff and students have a Microsoft Outlook account. This means that you automatically have a Windows Live account, this allows you to use MSN Messenger. To access your Windows Live account, sign into your Microsoft Outlook account or Hotmail account and click Windows Live.
- Once you have accessed your Windows Live you can start to ‘add’ contacts from your account address book to chat with, or you can manually add a contact by inserting the contact name into the add contacts search engine. Click here to learn how to add contacts.
- The contact that you have added will need to have accepted you request to be on your contact list.
Downloading MSN Messenger onto your desktop
- Download the messenger toolbar onto your desktop so that you can see which of your contacts is online to chat quicker. Click here to download the Messenger toolbar.
- When you have added the contacts needed to chat, you can finally start chatting; you can even ‘invite’ multiple contacts into conversations if you want to chat with more than one person!
- Click here to access support on how to send a chat message and see additional features.
I use MSN Messenger occasionally for sending quick messages to my MSN contacts. It is very straightforward to use and it can be quite fun. I can see who is online immediately once I have logged onto my PC, and can start chatting to them instantly if I want to. I can also change the status of my account by appearing ‘online’, ‘away’ or ‘invisible’.