The STEM at Bradford programme is the legacy of our £3m HEFCE funded project, which was extensively supported by schools, colleges and professional bodies.
- To make a significant impact on attainment, the project designed and built an exciting and innovative STEM laboratory and learning resource suite for use by schools and colleges across all age ranges.
- STEM Central, the iconic and innovative laboratory space created by STEM at Bradford, supports and enhances delivery of a wide range of curriculum activities through state-of-the-art science, technology, engineering and mathematics-focused laboratory equipment and resources.
- STEM Central is a high quality and flexible learning environment, offering opportunities for multiple modes of learning and a virtual and remote learning facility to enable blended learning to take place.
- The sustainable building was completed in April 2013 and holds BREEAM outstanding, PassivHaus and AECB (silver) certification.
- This is the first purpose-built facility for delivering curriculum-based outreach activities across all STEM disciplines.