School of Management PhD Scholarships
Part-time: not available
Prospective PG students (inc. current UG): available
Current PG students: not available
Entry year: 2019/20
Postgraduate taught: not available
Postgraduate research: available
1 scholarship available
Application deadline: 15 September 2019
About the scholarship
The School of Management at University of Bradford is offering one fully-funded PhD studentship to start in the academic year of 2019/2020. The studentship is for a period of three years (36 months), preferably starting on 1 November 2019. University of Bradford values diversity and equality at all levels and encourages applications from all sections of the community.
- Candidates should have, or expect to achieve, a first or upper second class UK honours degree and a Master's degree with a minimum average of 60% and the dissertation score above 65%, or equivalent
- Candidates whose first language is not English must meet one of the following English language requirements:
- IELTS: Scores of at least 6.5 or more in each section and an overall score of 7.
- TOEFL Internet-based: an overall score of 100 with the following minimum scores of Listening 21, Reading 21, Speaking 23, Writing 22.
- Awards are open to UK and EU applicants who choose to study full-time at University of Bradford Faculty of Management, Law and Social Sciences. The studentship is open to UK/EU applicants only.
Full-time PhD programmes at the School of Management.
Students from all countries, who meet the criteria, are eligible.
Payment amount & frequency
The successful applicant will receive an annual stipend of £15009 plus payment of UK/EU tuition fees.
How to apply
If you wish to apply please email the following to Dr Hatice Kizgin - firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 17:00, 15 September 2019.
- Your up to date CV
- A one-page A4 personal statement setting out why you are a suitable candidate (ie: your skills and experience)
- A research proposal explaining your proposed area of research. The attached form can be used as a guide. Your proposal should be a minimum of 2000 words, excluding references, and no more than 4000 words
- Your degree transcripts and/or certificates
- Names and contact details for two academic referees
Interviews will take place during the week commencing 16 September 2019. Exact date and times to be confirmed.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will not be able to contact unsuitable applicants. If your candidature is suitable we will process your application and you will be contacted in due course. Any offer will be subject to a successful application to our PhD degree programme.
If you have any questions please contact Dr Hatice Kizgin - email@example.com
Closing date: 15 September 2019.
Find out more
Award periods: tenable for a maximum of three years subject to satisfactory progress
Supervision: These studentships are ‘open’ awards. Applicants should consider approaching a potential supervisor before submitting their application to confirm that there is appropriate supervisory capacity within the University and to discuss their draft application. The successful applicant will be associated with the School’s leading research group International Business, Marketing & Branding and conduct research in their respective areas.
The candidate awarded the studentship will also assume the role of General Teaching Assistant (GTA) and be required to assist in the School’s teaching up to 120 hours a year in the following subject areas:
- Digital Marketing
- Consumer Behaviour
- International Business