Half Fee Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students
Part-time: not available
Prospective PG students (inc. current UG): available
Current PG students: not available
Entry year: 2017/18
Postgraduate taught: available
Postgraduate research: not available
10 scholarships available
Application deadline: 5 June 2017
About the scholarship
These scholarships are to celebrate academic excellence in our student population.
All international students can apply for one of our Half-Fee Academic Excellence Scholarships, except for students from China and the EU (students from these countries have separate scholarships schemes).
There are 10 scholarships available in total.
Please do not apply for this scholarship until you've been offered a place to study at the University of Bradford.
If you hold a firm offer to study with us in September 2017 and have already been awarded a £3,000 or £4,000 academic related fee scholarship (shown on your offer letter) then this is the scholarship for you.
If you hold a conditional offer from us and believe that you will obtain the equivalent of AAB in A-levels (for undergraduate study) or a first-class honours degree (for postgraduate study) then please apply for this scholarship. You must be able to prove your results by the end of August 2017.
- Applicants must be living overseas and not nationals of China or the EU.
- You must be applying for full-time study on any level of degree programme i.e. undergraduate or postgraduate taught (not research).
- You must have been made an offer to study at the University of Bradford and be in receipt of the £3,000 or £4,000 International Academic Excellence Scholarship. Please send a copy of your offer letter with your application form.
- You must also be paying your own fees.
- External students are not eligible – only those based in Bradford.
- Aland Islands
- American Samoa
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Antilles (Netherlands)
- Azerbaijani Republic, The
- Bahamas, The
- Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba
- Bosnia And Herzegovina
- Bouvet Island
- British Antarctic Territories
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- British Virgin Islands
- Brunei Darussalam
- Burkina Faso; Also Upper Volta
- Cape Verde Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Canary Islands
- Central African Republic
- Channel Islands, not elsewhere specified
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- Congo (Peoples Republic)
- Congo, Democratic Republic
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Cyprus (Non-European Union)
- Dominican Republic
- Timor Leste (East Timor)
- Egypt, United Arab Republic of
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
- Faroe Islands
- French Guiana
- French Polynesia
- Gambia, The Republic of The
- Guinea Bissau
- Hong Kong
- Isle of Man (The)
- Cote D'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
- Kiribati (The Gilbert Islands)
- Korea (North), Democratic Peoples Republic of
- Korea (South), Republic of
- Laos People's Democratic Republic
- Macao (Special Administrative Region of China)
- Maldive Islands
- Mayotte (French Territorial Collectivity)
- Moldova, Republic of
- New Caledonia, also French Overseas Territori
- New Zealand
- Norfolk Island
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Palestine; West Bank; Gaza Strip inc E Jerusa
- Papua New Guinea
- Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie and Oenno Islands
- Puerto Rico
- Samoa, Independent State of
- San Marino
- Sao Tome & Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Sint Maarten (Dutch part)
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha
- St Pierre and Miquelon
- St.Kitts and Nevis
- St.Vincent and the Grenadines
- Svalbard and Jan Mayen
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Tanzania, United Republic of
- Trinidad & Tobago
- Turks & Caicos Islands
- United Arab Emirates
- United States of America
- United States Virgin Islands
- Vatican City, Holy See Vatican City State
- Wallis and Futuna
- Western Sahara
- Windward Islands (not otherwise specified)
- Yemen, Republic of
Payment amount & frequency
The scholarship is worth half of the tuition fees.
If you are on a course lasting longer than one year then subsequent payments will depend on you getting an average of over 60%. You are not entitled to any other scholarships or discounts e.g. Alumni discount if you are in receipt of a half fee scholarship.
How to apply
Please fill in the application form below and either post it or email it to us - details are on the form. Please remember to enclose proof of your qualifications.
- International Academic Excellence Application Form 2017-18 (PDF, 332KB)
- International Academic Excellence Application Form 2017-18 (Word, 51KB)
The closing date is Monday 5 June 2017. Successful applicants will be notified by the beginning of July.
Scholarships will be awarded to the 10 highest achieving students.
Successful students may be featured on the scholarships section of the University website and be included in other promotional materials such as the prospectus.
Closing date: 5 June 2017.
Find out more
For further information or any queries you can:
Tel: 01274 236637
Or call into The Hub Student Support centre in the Richmond Building.