Half Fee Academic Excellence Scholarship for International Students
Part-time: not available
Prospective PG students (inc. current UG): available
Current PG students: not available
Entry year: 2018/19
Postgraduate taught: available
Postgraduate research: not available
10 scholarships available
Application deadline: 4 June 2018
About the scholarship
These scholarships are to celebrate academic excellence in our student population.
All international students can apply for one of our Half-Fee Academic Excellence Scholarships, except for students from the EU (students from EU countries have separate scholarships schemes).
There are 10 scholarships available in total.
Please do not apply for this scholarship until you've been offered a place to study at the University of Bradford and believe that you meet the eligibility criteria listed below.
- Applicants must be living overseas and not nationals of the EU.
- You must be applying for full-time study on any level of degree programme i.e. undergraduate or postgraduate taught (not research).
- You must have been made an offer to study at the University of Bradford from September 2018 and be in receipt of the International Academic Excellence Scholarship (shown on your offer letter). Please send a copy of your offer letter with your application form.
- For Undergraduate students you must be in receipt of the £2,500 International Academic Excellence Fee Scholarships or the £3,000 Country Specific International Academic Excellence Scholarship
- For Postgraduate students you must be in receipt of the £3,000 International Academic Excellence Fee Scholarships or the £3,500 Country Specific International Academic Excellence Scholarship only.
- As well as having an offer you must also believe that you will obtain the equivalent of AAA in A-levels (for undergraduate study) or a first-class honours degree (for postgraduate study) then please apply for this scholarship. You must be able to prove your results by the end of August 2018.
- You must also be paying your own fees.
- This scholarship is only open to students whose courses will be based in Bradford. Any external or Distance Learning courses are not eligible for this award.
Full-time Undergraduate or Postgraduate Taught degree programmes.
- Aland Islands
- American Samoa
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Antilles (Netherlands)
- Azerbaijani Republic, The
- Bahamas, The
- Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba
- Bosnia And Herzegovina
- Bouvet Island
- Brunei Darussalam
- Burkina Faso; Also Upper Volta
- Cape Verde Islands
- Canary Islands
- Central African Republic
- Channel Islands, not elsewhere specified
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- Congo (Peoples Republic)
- Congo, Democratic Republic
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Cyprus (Non-European Union)
- Dominican Republic
- Timor Leste (East Timor)
- Egypt, United Arab Republic of
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Faroe Islands
- French Polynesia
- Gambia, The Republic of The
- Guinea Bissau
- Hong Kong
- Isle of Man (The)
- Cote D'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
- Kiribati (The Gilbert Islands)
- Korea (North), Democratic Peoples Republic of
- Korea (South), Republic of
- Laos People's Democratic Republic
- Macao (Special Administrative Region of China)
- Maldive Islands
- Moldova, Republic of
- New Caledonia, also French Overseas Territori
- New Zealand
- Norfolk Island
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Palestine; West Bank; Gaza Strip inc E Jerusa
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Samoa, Independent State of
- San Marino
- Sao Tome & Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Sint Maarten (Dutch part)
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Pierre and Miquelon
- St.Kitts and Nevis
- St.Vincent and the Grenadines
- Svalbard and Jan Mayen
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Tanzania, United Republic of
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United States of America
- United States Virgin Islands
- Vatican City, Holy See Vatican City State
- Wallis and Futuna
- Western Sahara
- Windward Islands (not otherwise specified)
- Yemen, Republic of
Payment amount & frequency
The scholarship is worth half of the tuition fees.
If you are on a course lasting longer than one year then subsequent payments will depend on you getting an average of over 60%.
You are not entitled to any other scholarships or discounts e.g. Alumni discount if you are in receipt of a half fee scholarship.
How to apply
Please fill in the application form below and either post it or email it to us - details are on the form. Please remember to enclose proof of your qualifications.
- Half Fee Academic Excellence Application Form 2018 (docx, 50KB)
- Half Fee Academic Excellence Application Form 2018 (PDF, 357KB)
The closing date is Monday 4 June 2018. Successful applicants will be notified by the beginning of July.
Scholarships will be awarded to the 10 highest achieving students.
Successful students may be featured on the scholarships section of the University website and be included in other promotional materials such as the prospectus.
Closing date: 4 June 2018.
Find out more
For further information or any queries you can:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 01274 236637
Or call into My Bradford Student Support centre in the Richmond Building.