Bestway Foundation Scholarships for Students from Pakistan
Part-time: not available
Prospective PG students (inc. current UG): available
Current PG students: not available
Entry year: 2017/18
Postgraduate taught: available
Postgraduate research: not available
5 scholarships available
Application deadline: 15 May 2017
About the scholarship
The University of Bradford is pleased to announce that the Bestway Foundation is supporting five scholarships as part of the Global Development Scheme.
These scholarships will be for students domiciled in Pakistan who are starting full time Master's course at the University of Bradford in September 2017.
"Receiving the Bestway Foundation Scholarship was the turning point of my academic career. It helped me fulfil my dream of getting higher education from abroad at that time when I had no money or any other resource. It was unbelievable for me to be selected among four Bestway scholars from the whole of Pakistan."
Please read all the requirements carefully:
- The scholarship is available for students from Pakistan on full time Master's programmes (not MBA) based at the University of Bradford. Students must be self funded.
- You no longer need to have secured an offer to study at Bradford before you apply for this scholarship. However you must already have completed your undergraduate degree and know your results to be able to apply.
- You must send proof of your results with your application form. Any evidence sent after your application will not be accepted.
- Please apply for the scholarship before applying for a place on a course if you will be reliant upon the scholarship to cover your fees and living expenses.
For further information please see our Frequently Asked Questions
Minimum entry requirements
You must already meet the minimum academic and English Language entry requirements for your chosen course to be able to apply for the scholarship. (4-year Bachelor degree with an overall average of 60% or a gpa of 2.5/4.0 or First Division or a Master's degree with an overall average of 60% or a gpa of 2.5/4.0 or First Division)
Master's courses in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Only courses in the following faculties are eligible:
- Faculty of Life Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering and Informatics (not including courses in the school of Media, Design and Technology).
Students from Pakistan who are not studying courses in the above Faculties can now apply under the Global Development Scholarship scheme.
Payment amount & frequency
Full tuition fees and accommodation in The Green will be covered plus £4,200 per annum living costs to be paid in three instalments – October, January and April. Each scholarship is worth approximately £25,000.
How to apply
Applications will open on 24 April 2017 and close on 15 May 2017.
Please be aware that you will need to submit a personal statement as part of your application outlining how the situation in your country has affected you and/or your family, the reasons why you want to come to Bradford and study your chosen programme and how you will use this qualification when you return to your country
What happens next?
The Scholarship panel will consider your application in June.
If you are successful you will be asked to submit a programme application to the University and provide proof of your qualifications and level of English Language, plus an academic reference. You will then need to secure a Visa to study here at Bradford. We will be able to guide you through this process.
Please note - only successful students will be notified of the outcome. If you have not heard from us by 30 June then your application has not been successful.
Closing date: 15 May 2017.
Find out more
Successful students must agree to be featured on the scholarships section of the University website and be included in other promotional materials such as the prospectus.
For further information or any queries you can:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01274 236637