Part-time: not available
Prospective PG students (inc. current UG): available
Current PG students: not available
Entry year: 2021/22
Postgraduate taught: available
Postgraduate research: available
About the scholarship
If you are from a Commonwealth country and would like to study at postgraduate level at the University of Bradford, you may be able to apply for a scholarship under one of the UK Commonwealth Scholarship Commission schemes.
We are pleased to participate in a number of Commonwealth Scholarship Commission programmes each year, including:
Scholarships candidates from low and middle income Commonwealth countries for Master's studies, PhD studies, and for Split-site PhD studies.
Scholarships for students from high income Commonwealth countries for PhD studies.
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country.
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/ October 2020
- By October 2021, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- 12 months’ support towards completion of a full-time taught postgraduate qualification at an eligible UK university. The CSC funds one-year Master’s programmes only, and does not fund MBAs
- Support towards completion of a full-time doctoral postgraduate qualification at an eligible UK university.
- All subject areas are eligible – although you should note that the CSC’s selection criteria give priority to applications that demonstrate the strongest relevance to development.
Students from all countries, who meet the criteria, are eligible.
How to apply
See the DFID website for details on all of these awards.
Find out more
Please note that the University will not be partaking in the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship scheme for the 21/22 academic year.