Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
Through KTP, academics can develop business relevant teaching and research; apply knowledge and expertise to important organisational problems; and identify new research themes and undergraduate/postgraduate projects. Further benefits include:
- Publish high quality journal and conference papers
- Gain an improved understanding of business requirements and operations
- Contribute to the Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- Participate in rewarding and ongoing collaboration with innovative businesses
- Supervise and act as mentors for past graduates working on business based projects
On average each KTP initiates 4 new research projects, publishes 2 papers and 2 articles.
Dr Peter Olley, Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Informatics, University of Bradford.
“Working on a KTP has given me invaluable experience of applying academic analysis and design to a complex commercial product, but intensified with sharp-end commercial issues and industry methods."