Once intellectual property (IP) has been created at the University, and protected in the form of patents or other formal IP rights, the idea/technology can be utilised in industry through the creation of spin-out companies or joint ventures, license deals, and sale of intellectual capital. By translating our research into real world impact, we also provide a financial return to the University.
As an academic, you can benefit by:
- raising your academic and professional profile.
- applying your research to meet market and customer needs.
- working with experts who can move the commercialisation of your project on, allowing you to still focus on your research.
- creating wealth for yourself, your Faculty/School and the University.
- getting the opportunity to work with different people with novel insights and knowledge.
- progressing your career from gaining new skills.
- accessing translational research funding.
- creating and working with a spin out company.
There are many commercial success stories derived from or currently working with the University of Bradford.