Many countries across the world face significant challenges in developing sustainable societies. Many countries are riven by war and conflict; energy, food, water and other resources are being rapidly depleted weak governance and economic models have led to corruption and stark inequalities.
The academic theme of Sustainable Societies will support growth in economic, political and relational well-being for current and future generations through innovative research and teaching and knowledge transfer programmes.
Research groups and clusters
- Accounting, Finance and Economics
- Archaeological and Forensic Sciences
- Centre for African Studies (JEFCAS)
- Centre for Sustainable Societies
- Cyber Security Interdisciplinary Centre
- Development and Engagement
- History and Humanities
- Inclusion and Diversity
- International Business, Marketing, and Branding
- Logistics, Supply Chain and Technology
- People, organisation and Entrepreneurship
- Politics and International Relations
- Social work and social policy