Mrs Zoe Edwards
|Department||School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences|
|Feedback Hours||Mon 9:45-14:30, Tues 7:00-14:30, Wed 9:45-14:30, Thurs 9:45-17:00|
Research Interests (key words only)
Pharmacy services, palliative care, medicines optimisation, end of life, pain.
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
Pain, Palliative Care.
Zoe's background as a community pharmacist allows her to use her experience in pharmacy services and her interest in palliative care to study ways of combining the two. IMPACCT (Improving the management of pain from advanced cancer in the community) was an NIHR funded programme grant involving Leeds, York and Bradford Universities. Zoe led the pharmacy proof-of-concept study looking at how patients with advanced cancer use pharmacies and their services and designing an intervention for this patient group.
Zoe is now using RCF funding (obtained May 2017) to apply for further funding to progress her work to a feasibility study.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Research Methods 2016 (Distinction)
- Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy (De Montfort University) 2006 (Distinction)
- BPharm (Hons) Pharmacy (University of Bradford) 1999 (2:1)
- Research Pharmacist (Research Capability Funded) - 2017-present
- Research Pharmacist (IMPACCT) - 2014-2017
- Locum Pharmacist - 2016 to 2017
- Consultant Pharmacist – Boots 2003-2013
- Pharmacy Manager – Tesco 2001-2003
- Pharmacist – Tesco 2000-2001
- Pharmacy Manager – Eldene Health Centre 1999-2000
- Pharmacist – Boots July 1999 - October 1999
- Member of the Medicines Optimisation Research Group (MORG) at University of Bradford
- Member of the Bradford, Airedale, Wharfedale & Craven Palliative and End of Life Research Group
Pharmacy services, palliative care, medicines optimisation, end of life, pain, cancer.
Currently developing funding applications.
Edwards Z, Blenkinsopp A, Zeigler L, Bennett M. How do patients with cancer pain view community pharmacy services? An interview study. Submitted to Health and Social care in the Community.
Edwards Z, Blenkinsopp A, Zeigler.L, Bennett.M, (2016). Cancer patients’ views on community pharmacy pain medicines consultations in advanced cancer. IJPP. Volume 24, Supplement1 pp22.
PPI group formed October 2017.