Professor Peter Vowden
|Position||Honorary Visiting Professor of Wound Healing Research|
|Location||Bradford Royal Infirmary, Duckworth Lane, Bradford, BD9 6RJ|
|Department||School of Life Sciences|
|RKT Centre||Centre for Skin Sciences|
|Telephone||01274 364466 (Work) 07785794774 (Mobile)|
|firstname.lastname@example.org (work) email@example.com (home)|
Senior vascular surgeon and research lead Bradford Royal Infirmary
25 year history of HTA funded and commercial clinical wound healing research
President European Wound Management Association, member of the scientific committee of the World Union of Wound Healing Societies. Board member Wounds4Heros
Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Clinical Director NIHR Health Technology Co-operative for Wound Prevention and Treatment in Bradford
Diabetic foot ulcer management, compression therapy for venous leg ulceration and pressure ulcer prevention.
Developing research links for the NIHR HTC : EPSRC Manufacturing in Healthcare Technologies application with Leeds and Smith & Nephew in progress.
Through HTC research collaborations with King’s College Hospital, London, Professor Dan Bader (Southampton), Professor Sir Keith Porter and Professor Stephen Jefferies (Birmingham), Professor Andrea Nelson (Leeds), Professor Stephen Britland
Gottrup F, Jorgensen B, Karlsmark T, Sibbald RG, Rimdeika R, Harding K, et al. Reducing wound pain in venous leg ulcers with Biatain Ibu: a randomized, controlled double-blind clinical investigation on the performance and safety. Wound Repair Regen. 2008;16(5):615-25.
2. Harding K, Apelqvist J, Armstrong DG, Augustin M, Baharestani M, Banwell P, et al. Vacuum assisted closure: recommendations for use. International Wound Journal. 2008;5 (Suppl 4):iii-19.
3. Romanelli M, Dini V, Vowden P, Agren MS. Amelogenin, an extracellular matrix protein, in the treatment of venous leg ulcers and other hard-to-heal wounds: experimental and clinical evidence. Clinical interventions in aging. 2008;3(2):263-72.
4. Romanelli M, Kaha E, Stege H, Wnorowski JW, Vowden P, Majamaa H, et al. Effect of amelogenin extracellular matrix protein and compression on hard-to-heal venous leg ulcers: follow-up data. J Wound Care. 2008;17(1):17-8, 20-3.
5. Vowden K, Vowden P. Bradford and Airedale Wound Care Audit Report. 2008.
6. Vowden P, editor International symposium: Hard-to-heal venous leg ulcer management. 12th Conference Nationale des plaies et cicatrisations; 2008; Palaise des congres, Paris.
7. Vowden P, Apelqvist J, Moffatt C. Wound complexity and healing. EWMA Position Document: Hard-to-heal wounds: a holistic approach. London: MEP Ltd; 2008.
8. Becker K, Boykin J, Crossland M, Davis P, Doughty D, Driver V, et al. Diagnostics and wounds: a consensus document. Wourld Council of Enterostomal Therapists Journal. 2009;29(2):18-20, 2-6.
9. Guest JF, Nagy E, Sladkevicius E, Vowden P, Price P. Modelling the relative cost-effectiveness of amelogenin in non-healing venous leg ulcers. J Wound Care. 2009;18(5):216, 8-24.
10. Vowden P. Christine Moffatt - An appreciation. EWMA Journal. 2009;9(1):52.
11. Vowden P, Vowden, K. Is the EWMA Position Document on Diagnosing Infection being implemented? EWMA Journal. 2009;9(3):32-3.
12. Vowden P. Controversy: are pressure ulcers really ischaemic injuries? (Abstract). Journal of Tissue Viability. 2009;18(4):120.
13. Vowden K, Vowden P. The role of audit in demonstrating quality in tissue viability services. Wounds UK. 2010;6(1):100-5.
14. Vowden K, Vowden P. Digital pen and paper technology: tool for data capture and patient management. Wounds UK. 2010;6(2):74-8.
15. Vowden K, Vowden P. Understanding and managing hypergranulation. Independent Nurse. 2010;20 Sept 2010:23-4.
16. Vowden P. Expert opinion: Ankle brachial pressure index: the pros and cons of using Doppler to assess arterial and venous disease. GP Newspaper. 2010;23rd July:42-4.
17. Vowden P. Effective management of venous leg ulceration. Practice Nurse. 2010;21(4):194-200.
18. Vowden P. Leg ulcers: Assessment and management. Independent Nurse. 2010;November 2010.
19. Vowden P. Wound care: The RCT dilemma. Wounds UK. 2010;6(3):121.
20. Vowden P. Effective management of venous ulceration. Practice Nursing. 2010;21(4):194-200.
21. Britland S, Smith A, Finter W, Eagland D, Vowden K, Vowden P, et al. Recombinant Lucilia sericata chymotrypsin in a topical hydrogel formulation degrades human wound eschar ex vivo. Biotechnology Progress. 2011;27(3):870-4.
22. Gray D, Acton C, Chadwick P, Fumarola S, Leaper DJ, Morris C, et al. Consensus guidance for the use of debridement techniques in the UK. Wounds UK. 2011;7(1):77-85.
23. Guest JF, Greener MJ, Vowden K, Vowden P. Clinical and economic evidence supporting a transparent barrier film dressing in incontinence-associated dermatitis and peri-wound skin protection. J Wound Care. 2011;20(2):76, 8-84.
24. Harding K, Armstrong DG, Barrett S, Kaufman H, Lazaro-Martinez J, Mayer D, et al. International consensus. The role of proteases in wound diagnostics. An expert working group review. London: 2011.
25. Vowden K, Vowden P, Partsch H, Treadwell T. 3M COBAN 2 Compression made easy. Wounds International. 2011;2(1).
26. Vowden P. Hard-to-heal wounds Made Easy. Wounds International. 2011;2(4).
27. Vowden P, Cooper R. An integrated approach in the management of infected wounds (Portuguese). Revista de Formacao Continua em Enfermagem. 2011;23(266):3-8.
28. Vowden P, Vowden K, Carvorsi J. Antimcrobial dressings made easy. Wounds International. 2011;2(1).
29. Britland S, Ross-Smith O, Jamil H, Smith AG, Vowden K, Vowden P. The lactate conundrum in wound healing: Clinical and experimental findings indicate the requirement for a rapid point-of-care diagnostic. Biotechnol Prog. 2012;28(4):917-24.
30. Guest JF, Taylor RR, Vowden K, Vowden P, C MC. Relative cost-effectiveness of a skin protectant in managing venous leg ulcers in the UK. J Wound Care. 2012;21(8):389-94, 96-8.
31. Vowden P. Skin integrety update: Innovstions in callus and hyperkeratosis management. Wounds International. 2012;3(1).
32. Madhok BM, Vowden K, Vowden P. New techniques for wound debridement. Int Wound J. 2013;10(3):247-51.
33. Vowden K, Vowden P. A pilot study on the potential of remote support to enhance wound care for nursing-home patients. J Wound Care. 2013;22(9):481-8.
34. Vowden P. New wound care HTC launches. J Tissue Viability. 2013;22(1):19-20.
35. Vowden P. Wound-care HTC established. J Wound Care. 2013;22(1):3.