Module code: AFE7502-B
Download the PDF for International Banking
- Analyse the role and functioning of banks.
- Understand the economics of bank, e.g. determinants of interest rates, determinants of money supply/demand
- Understand the functions of central banks in the role of money supply and supervision.
- Understand agency problems between banks, supervisory bodies, depositors, equity holders and debt holders
- Understand risk management in the banking sector, e.g. liquidity management, asset-liability management, capital management, and loan portfolio management.
- Understand rationales for regulating banks against market discipline.
- Understand international financial regulations on banks.
- Understand structured products and how these products (de)stabilize financial systems.