- Our laboratory has been internationally recognised for pioneering research in the micromoulding field since 2001.
- Our team has access to over 30 experts within the University, including leading academics, highly skilled research engineers and technicians.
- Our polymer research is internationally leading and we are well known in the UK polymer industry for our high-quality expertise.
- We are key members engaged in several major collaborative networks which provide us with access to further complimentary expertise in the micro and nano technology field.
- Moulding of microscale features
- Nano-structured surfaces
- Nano fillers compounding and processing
- Metal/ceramic powders
- Materials characterisation, product measurement
- Inspection/handing systems
Micro injection moulding (micromoulding) is one of the manufacturing techniques employed in our research. This is an optimum technique, for micro-component manufacture, that offers all the benefits of conventional injection moulding, such as high production capacity at low marginal cost, with vast applications in healthcare, energy and consumer goods.