This section contains information and analysis relating to sector and national priorities and developments.
- The new agency to be created by the impending merger of the Equality Challenge Unit (ECU), the Higher Education Academy (HEA) and the Leadership Foundaton for Higher Education (LFHE) has announced its new name as Advance HE: https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/about/news/merging-single-sector-agency-announces-new-name-advance-he
- From April 2018 the Office for Students (OfS) will replace HEFCE as the regulatory body for the English higher education sector: http://wonkhe.com/blogs/a-beginners-guide-to-the-office-for-students/
- Data Futures is HESA's transformation programme designed to provide a modernised and more efficient approach to collecting data, to deliver better output for a wide range of data users. Further details about the programme can be found on the dedicated website: https://www.hesa.ac.uk/innovation/data-futures
- The Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
The Teaching Excellence Framework is being developed over a five-year period and is currently in the third year of operation. TEF aims to see the government monitoring and assessing the quality of teaching in England's universities.. Detailed information can be found from the above link.
- The BIS White Paper, Success as a Knowledge Economy: Teaching Excellence, Social Mobility and Student Choice
The BIS White Paper sets out the Government's plans to reform the higher education and research system.
- The Higher Education and Research Bill
The Bill aims to make provision about higher education and research; and make provision about alternative payments to student in higher or further education.
- Revised Operating Model for Quality Assessment
This document sets out the revised operating model for quality assessment to be implemented from 2017-18.