This section contains information and analysis relating to sector and national priorities and developments. Significant papers have been published which impact the university and the higher education as a whole, these include:
- The new higher education sector agency aims of develop services and relationships with the sector that are innovative, stratigically important and flexible.
- The BIS White Paper, Success as a Knowledge Economy: Teaching Excellence, Social Mobility and Student Choice
The BIS White Paper sets out the Government's plans to reform the higher education and research system.
- The Higher Education and Research Bill
The Bill aims to make provision about higher education and research; and make provision about alternative payments to student in higher or further education.
- BIS consultation document on the Teaching Excellence Framework (Technical Consultation for Year 2).
The Teaching Excellence Framework will see the government monitoring and assessing the quality of teaching in England's universities.
- Revised Operating Model for Quality Assessment
This document sets out the revised operating model for quality assessment to be implemented from 2017-18, the transition arrangements during 2016-17 to support such implementation, and plans for a range of pilot activities during 2016-17.