Research Methods Modules
In addition to the wealth of stand-alone training sessions that you can access, each Faculty provides Master's (Level 7) research methods modules that doctoral researchers can opt to take as part of their development.
- Enrolment for these modules must be agreed between you and your supervisor be signed off in your Training Needs Analysis.
- You won't accrue credit - these are taken without assessment but with access to all teaching and materials for your development.
- As a doctoral researcher you can take any of these modules from any faculty, not just your own.
- Need more info about research training generally? Contact Dr Delderfield.
- Enrolment - to access any of the modules below (or any other Master's modules you and your supervisors deem appropriate), please contact your Faculty PG Research Administrator.
*This module includes staff-student ratio-dependent lab work, please contact Dr Delderfield before enrolling.
|Risk assessment & management||ENB7007-B||FOEI||2|
|Statistical data analysis||COS7005-B||FOEI||2|
|Supply chain management & production||ENB7008-B||FOEI||2|
|Preparing for Research||RES7013-C||FOHS||1 & 2|
|Critical Appraisal of the Literature Relating to PhD Study||LIS7016-B||FOLS||1|
|Separation science & mass spectrometry||CFS7027-B||FOLS||2|
|Advanced psychological research methods*||PSY7021-B||FOMLSS||1|
|Applied conflict research||PES7036-B||FOMLSS||1|
|Business data analytics||OIM7032-B||FOMLSS||1|
|Ethics, Professionalism and Reflective Practice||SOW7011-A||FOMLSS||1 & 2|
|Interviewing and Communication Skills||SOW7012-A||FOMLSS||1|
|Literature Reviewing for Doctoral studies||MAL7042-B||FOMLSS||2|
|Translating Research into Practice||MAL8011-B||FOMLSS||1|
|Project planning and design||DEV7033-B||FOMLSS||1|
|Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods||MAL7041-B||FOMLSS||1|
|Research Methods for Social Workers||SOW7001-B||FOMLSS||1 & 2|
|Research Methods in Psychology||PSY7004-B||FOMLSS||1|
|Researching the Social World||SAC7006-B||FOMLSS||2|
Follow us on Twitter to find out about:
- Latest sessions and how to book
- #UoBresearchculture events on and off campus
- Changes to training and new events
- Links to external training and resources.