Research Methods Modules
In addition to the wealth of stand-alone training sessions that you can access, each Faculty provides Master's (Level 7) research methods modules that doctoral researchers can opt to take as part of their development.
Joining a module: important information
- 'Enrolment' for these modules must be agreed between you and your supervisor, and form part of your Training Needs Analysis.
- You won't accrue credit - these are taken without assessment but with access to all teaching and materials for your development.
- As a doctoral researcher you can take any of these modules from any faculty, not just your own.
- Need more info about research training generally? Contact Dr Delderfield.
- To access any of the modules below, please contact your Faculty PG Research Administrator. Clearly state the module name and code. Ensure you copy in your supervisor(s).
*These modules includes staff-student ratio-dependent lab work, please contact Dr Delderfield before joining.
|Risk assessment & management||ENB7007-B||FOEI||2|
|Statistical data analysis||COS7005-B||FOEI||2|
|Supply chain management & production||ENB7008-B||FOEI||2|
|Research methods and data analysis||RES7016-C||FOHS||1 & 2|
|Critical Appraisal of the Literature Relating to PhD Study||LIS7016-B||FOLS||1|
|Research design, philosophy & working beyond disciplines||PHA7072-C||FOLS||1|
|Qualitative, Quantitative & mixed research methods||PHA7073-C||FOLS||2|
|Professional skills for researchers||PHA7074-B||FOLS||3|
|Separation science & mass spectrometry||CFS7027-B||FOLS||2|
|Advanced psychological research methods*||PSY7021-B||FOMLSS||1|
|Applied conflict research||PES7036-B||FOMLSS||1|
|Business data analytics||OIM7032-B||FOMLSS||1|
|Ethics, Professionalism and Reflective Practice||SOW7011-A||FOMLSS||1 & 2|
|Interviewing and Communication Skills||SOW7012-A||FOMLSS||1|
|Literature reviewing for doctoral studies||MAL7042-B||FOMLSS||2|
|Translating Research into Practice||MAL8011-B||FOMLSS||1|
|Project planning and design||DEV7033-B||FOMLSS||1|
|Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods||MAL7041-B||FOMLSS||1|
|Research methods for social workers||SOW7001-B||FOMLSS||1 & 2|
|Research methods in psychology*||PSY7004-B||FOMLSS||1|
Follow us on Twitter to find out about:
- Latest sessions and how to book
- #UoBresearchculture events on and off campus
- Changes to training and new events
- Links to external training and resources.