The White Rose Social Sciences Doctoral Training Partnership (WRDTP)
The WRDTP was accredited by the Economic and Social Research Council in 2016, is a collaboration across the social sciences at the Universities of Bradford, Leeds, Sheffield, York, Sheffield Hallam, Hull, and Manchester Metropolitan.
The WRDTP delivers excellent supervision, first class discipline and cutting-edge interdisciplinary research and transferable skills training, and a world-class intellectual environment for postgraduate research students. It supports PhD students to participate in local, national and international networks of leading academics, non-academic partners, opinion formers, and policy makers.
We produce doctoral graduates with outstanding skills and flexibility, with the imagination to tackle the thorniest challenges confronting the social sciences today.
Examples of training sessions include:
- Digital Methods
- Online Writing Retreats
- Pathway Monthly Reading Group
- Using social media as research data: issues and challenges
- Presenting your Research with Confidence
- Making Connections – ECY Networking Event
- How to Plan Your PhD
- Building Resilience in Uncertain Times
- Researchers Turning Activists: Climate Emergency and the Alliance between Scientists and Environmental Activists
- The Ethics of Social Media Research
- Advanced Quantitative Methods: Introduction to R
- Social Network Analysis on Social Media Platforms.
To browse the complete list for the year, select the button on the right below. The training is viewable as a list or in calendar format showing what is on each month.