The PGR Framework and your DBA
All of our DBA researchers are part of our #UoBresearchculture community.
- All development events, provided by Bradford's PGR Framework, are open to you.
- You are automatically added to our PG Researchers mailing list, so you can receive info on training, research events and personal development opportunities.
- You can access self-help resources on various doctoral level skills, as well as booking training. This includes support with studying at a distance.
- Research methods modules are already an integral part of your programme, so our stand-alone training is recommended as being suitable for your experience.
- Stand-alone training sessions run twice yearly, every year, so there are always more opportunities if you miss a session.
We recognise the unique needs and challenges of the DBA - if you can't make scheduled training sessions, many of the training providers are specialists and services that offer one-to-one, tailored versions of the key workshops on days/times to suit you, including outside of regular hours. Just book an appointment.
Shut Up and Write!
These sessions are structured, collective writing sessions for you to set goals, get drafting, reflect, check-in and carry on. Many people find committing to weekly or daily sessions useful in helping them commit to protected time to get scholarly (and other) writing done.
- We used to run our own institutional group at Bradford, There are still SUAW groups running in the Wolfson Centre and in Faculty of Health Studies. However, globally this movement has grown and there are now in-person groups all over and (understandably) a surge in online groups, so that you can find motivation to write at times/locales to suit you.
- SUAW boasts over 66,000 people writing across 316 countries.
- There are buttons for finding an online group or local 'chapter' on the SUAW portal.
- Many groups often use pomodoro or other techniques to structure writing time and maximise focus.
- To join a session you currently need to set up a free Meet Up account profile.
- The site provides links and instructions for this if you select the Login/Sign Up option at the top right of your screen.
Find your local group or an online session.