Safe Staff Recruitment Policy
To employ the most suitably applicant with whom has the experience and relevant qualifications as required within the role profile.
- A clear and concise advertisement.
- Relevant role profiles specified.
- A well organised and fair Shortlisting Panel in line with the University of Bradford procedure for recruitment & selection. (please see the University of Bradford's Recruitment & Selection Code of Practice point 4.2 and 4.3)
- It is the responsibility of the Head of the department to ensure the interview panel compile with the University of Bradford's procedure for recruitment & selection. (please see the University of Bradford's Recruitment & Selection Code of Practice point 5.2)
- Assessment made during interview should be evidence based, i.e., based on factual evidence of past performance, behaviour and achievements, bearing in mind the circumstances of the candidate, and not only judgements about a candidate's performance at interview.
- Any employment offers are subject to pre-employment checks. In all cases this will involve the receipt of satisfactory references, and to check that it is appropriate for Personnel to contact the referees identified on the application form. This may also include pre-employment health checks, criminal record bureau checks and eligibility to work in the UK (please see the University of Bradford's Recruitment & Selection Code of Practice point 6.1)
- Enhanced Criminal record bureau checks (see safeguarding policy) are undertaken by all new staff members.
- A probation period of six months commences from the first day of employment, if there are any cause for concern during this time the employment will be terminated.
- The Head/Deputy Head receives regular updates on the staff member's performance through communications with Senior Practitioners and regular review meetings.