Skip to content
Open menu Close menu

Complaints Procedure

If a parent/carer feels that they have cause to complain about an incident in the Nursery, the Nursery administrative arrangements or about some aspect of the care provided, they should make a complaint to the Head of Nursery, or in her absence the Deputy Head.

If the Head or Deputy is unable for whatever reason, to deal with the complaint in a manner which the parent finds acceptable, then the parent is advised to write to Chris Spargo the Commercial Manager setting out the exact details of the complaint:

Chris Spargo
University of Bradford
Estates and facilities
Phoenix North East
T: 01274 236276


The Commercial Manager will investigate the matter, discuss it with the complainant, and attempt to bring the matter to a satisfactory conclusion.

The decision of the Commercial Manager shall be final, subject to the right of any member of the University to submit a plea to the council of the University for the redress of a grievance.

Contact your local council or call your local police on 101 if you think a child is in danger.

Any complaint relating to an alleged offence under the Childcare Act 2006, or an alleged breach of Ofsted’s regulations should also be pursued in accordance with the above arrangements.

You must complain to the provision before complaining to any other organisation. The procedure is the same whether you have a child at the provision or not.

If the concern is caused by the actions of a member of Ofsted’s Early Years staff, parents should report their concerns to Ofsted’s Complaints Helpline on 0300 1234 234 or email:

If parents have general concerns about Ofsted’s Early Years work, write to: 

Piccadilly Gate
Store Street
M1 2WD

Telephone: 0300 123 1231
Text phone: 0161 618 8524