University of Bradford announces honorary graduands for summer graduation
13 July 12
The University of Bradford will be awarding honorary degrees during ceremonies on Tuesday 17, Wednesday 18 and Thursday 19 July 2012.
Graduation is the pinnacle event for the University of Bradford, an opportunity to celebrate the achievements of our students, and to further recognise the outstanding success of vital members from the wider community. This year, honorary degrees will be awarded to:
- Award winning travel writer and historian William Dalrymple for his contributions to creative writing, literature and the south Asian history fields.
- Dr Keith Howard OBE for his work in the fields of Management research and publishing, and his philanthropic support to sports and the Arts in West Yorkshire.
- Bradford’s own Tony McHale will be receiving a Doctorate of Letters for his contributions over many years to the fields of acting, playwriting and screenwriting.
- Miles Scott will receive an honorary degree for his achievements in clinical excellence and his commitment to teaching and research in the Health Sector.
- Fazal Hussain MBE for his work and dedication as a Community leader in Bradford; furthering the interests of the Bradford Asian population and strengthening the city’s international links.
Professor Mark Cleary, Vice-Chancellor of the University of Bradford, said: "As ever, the University of Bradford is pleased to welcome these outstanding individuals at this year’s ceremony.
"It is our honour to take this opportunity to publicly recognise such distinguished colleagues whose achievements go on to inspire our graduates and the next student generation."
13 July 12
Further information for Media Enquirers
For further information please contact the University of Bradford Press Office on 01274 23 3089/3084.
Out of office hours call 07879 437996. Alternatively, e-mail email@example.com or fax on (01274) 236280.