Top tips for surviving A-Level results day
16 August 11
With A-level results day fast approaching, Rachel Lister, Clearing and Confirmations Helpline Supervisor at the University of Bradford, offers those students waiting for results some sound advice to help them prepare for Thursday 18 August.Rachel says: “Stay calm and don’t panic. This year, more than ever, students need to be prepared – so get organised now and think about these tips:
- Draw up a list now of alternative options available to you. That list should include alternative courses and universities.
- Think about where you want to go and what the University you’re looking at has to offer. Is there an opportunity for a placement year? What are the graduate prospects? What is the student experience like? Will you be using state-of-the-art equipment in your study? Who will you be taught by?
- Be realistic in choosing courses you want to study. Time is of the essence on results day. Use UCAS and check the course against your grades before calling.
- On the day do recognise that if you’re not getting offers for a course, due to your grades, you might need to rethink your chosen subject area or University you’re applying to.
- Make sure you’re contactable and can find information easily. Be close to a phone and computer.
- Do remember to stay calm. A-level results day and Clearing can be a daunting time, especially if you’ve suffered a disappointment with grades. Ringing up universities for a place through Clearing might be the last thing you feel like doing. Remember, thousands of other students in the UK will be in the same position and universities deal with the process of Clearing every year.
Getting further information
Phone number: 08000731225
16 August 11
Further information for Media Enquirers
For further information please contact the University of Bradford Press Office on 01274 23 3089/3084.
Out of office hours call 07879 437996. Alternatively, e-mail email@example.com or fax on (01274) 236280.