University of Bradford honours great and good in summer graduation ceremonies
9 July 10
The University of Bradford will be awarding honorary degrees during ceremonies on Tuesday 20, Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 July 2010.
Awards will be made to the following people:
- Margaret Platts MBE - former Head Teacher and Trustee of the Centre for British Teachers
- Rob Wilmot - co-founder of Freeserve
- Tom Priestley - son of J.B. Priestley
- Professor Ronald Purkiss - Pharmacist
- Professor Kevin Warwick - scientist and professor of cybernetics
- Kath Hinchcliff - Associate Director Education Commissioning at the Strategic Health Authority for Yorkshire and the Humber
Honorary graduates will receive their awards during degree ceremonies taking place in the University's Great Hall. They will receive their awards from the University's Chancellor, Imran Khan.
Professor Mark Cleary, Vice-Chancellor of the University of Bradford, said: "We look forward to welcoming this group of honorary graduates.
"It is with great pride that we have been given this opportunity to honour such an array of distinguished colleagues and their achievements are an impressive testament to their talents."
9 July 10
Further information for Media Enquirers
For further information please contact the University of Bradford Press Office on 01274 23 3089/3084.
Out of office hours call 07879 437996. Alternatively, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or fax on (01274) 236280.