Skip to content
Open menu Close menu

Council Tax

City information

Bradford Council

Council Tax is a form of local taxation which is used to help pay for services used by the residents of the Bradford district.

As a student you may qualify for Council Tax exemption. Full details are available on the website.

If you are a Postgraduate Research Student (Studying for a PhD or MPhil) Bradford City Council do provide exemption during your writing up year. This normally ends at the end of your registration when your thesis is submitted.

Council tax exemption letters

You can also call in at The Hub, based in the Richmond Building, for advice.

The Hub can also provide you with documentation such as a 'supporting Council Tax letter' or to check and stamp a completed Council Tax Disregard form.

Contact details

DepartmentThe Hub
LocationRichmond Building, City Campus

Telephone+44 (0) 1274 23 2233

Share this