MBA (Executive MBA in Dubai)
Attendance mode: Part-time
Award: Master in Business Administration
Start date: September
Faculty of Management & Law
Our Executive MBA in Dubai is one of the first and most highly regarded in the UAE.
It has fast-tracked the careers of many of the region’s leading business professionals.
The programme is:
- aimed at ambitious managers who want to study part-time while they work
- delivered in three-day block weekend teaching sessions every 4-6 weeks, supported by distance learning
- taught by our international fly-in faculty
- delivered in the first-class educational facilities of Dubai Knowledge Village
Our ‘long weekend’ teaching format provides you with a period of concentrated study that has minimal impact on your career and family life.
If you are unable to make a weekend you can study the module online, anywhere in the world.
From day one you’ll be able to apply new knowledge and skills in your workplace.
You'll develop a broad foundation of knowledge in core modules, and focus your studies around a particular sector or discipline in elective modules.
The final Management Project enables you to apply all you’ve learnt to a relevant management issue within your organisation.
We are proud to be in an elite group of business schools (less than 1% in the world) to hold the triple accreditations of Equis, AMBA and AACSB, often referred to as the "Triple Crown".
Our School of Management MBA courses have been endorsed by the NHS Leadership Academy to deliver the NHS Master's in Business Administration (MBA) programme, as announced in a speech by the Secretary of State in 2016.
The School of Management has been an international leader in education, research and knowledge transfer for more than 50 years.
We have been delivering the Executive MBA in Dubai since 1996.
You’ll benefit from:
- a dedicated programme administrator
- high quality learning materials, including e-learning
- block weekend / distance study, designed to fit around your life
- outstanding value for money and flexible payment options
We offer excellent facilities, a highly trained, professional faculty, and comprehensive support services.
You will be taught by staff who are pushing the boundaries of subject knowledge and application through research and professional innovation. This means the teaching you receive reflects the latest thinking in the subject.
About our students
Find out about our MBA student cohort, broken down by nationality, age, and the level of award achieved.
- 1st in the world for work-life balance - Ivy Exec League Executive MBA Rankings 2017
All applications are considered on their individual merits and will be assessed using a collective approach, which takes into account professional status and work experience as well as academic achievement.
Candidates must have at least three years’ postgraduate work experience, which can be from any industry, including both private and public sectors, and charitable organisations.
Academic and professional achievements
You should have a good first degree awarded by a UK university or overseas equivalent, or a relevant professional qualification. If you do not have a first degree or professional qualifications you will need to demonstrate significant management or business leadership experience (normally eight years). We will also consider an academic recommendation based on interview.
Numeracy and literacy competencies
We will require evidence of numeracy and literacy competencies, and you may be required to complete an authorised online aptitude test such as the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or School equivalent: The Bradford Test.
English language requirements:
- IELTS: 6.5 overall, with no sub-test less than 5.5; or
- Internet-based TOEFL:
- For EU, non-UK applicants: 94 overall, with minimum scores of: Listening – 17, Reading – 18, Speaking 20, Writing – 17
- For International, non-UK/EU, applicants (UKBA requirement): 94 overall, with minimum scores of: Listening – 21, Reading – 22, Speaking – 23, Writing – 21; or
- PTE-A (Pearson Test of English Academic): 60 overall, with no sub-test less than 51
Language Support and Courses — for international students wishing to improve their English.
Home Office UK Border Agency — for information on visas and immigration for international students.
If you do not meet the IELTS requirement, you can take a University of Bradford pre-sessional English course. See the Language Centre for more details.
The modules for this course can be found in the latest programme specification.
Find more information on our module descriptors page.
The programme provides you with the skills of responsible value generation. The aim, therefore, is to create strategic leaders capable of sustainable and transformative change in a global business environment.
- Business Economics (10 credits) core
- Business Accounting (10 credits) core
- Marketing (10 credits) core
- Operations Management (10 credits) core
- Managing People (10 credits) core
- Managerial and Professional Development (10 credits) core
- Business Research (10 credits) core
- Business Ethics and Sustainability (10 credits) core
- Strategic Management (10 credits) core
- Corporate Finance (10 credits) core
- Digital Business (10 credits) option
- Entrepreneurship (10 credits) option
- International Financial Management (10 credits) option
- International Business in Emerging Economies (10 credits) option
- International Business Strategy (10 credits) option
- Management of Change (10 credits) option
- Managerial Leadership (10 credits) option
- Marketing Communications (10 credits) option
- Project Management (10 credits) option
- Corporate Marketing (10 credits) option
- Circular Economy, core Principles & Concepts (DL) (10 credits) option
- Business Simulation (10 credits) option
- European Business Management (10 credits) option
- Financial Risk Management in European Banking (10 credits) option
- Global Supply Chain Management (10 credits) option
- Management Consulting (10 credits) option
- Mergers and Acquisitions (10 credits) option
- Management Consulting (10 credits) option
- MBA Management Project (40 credits) core
Learning activities and assessment
Teaching for all modules in Dubai takes place in blocks over a weekend - Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 9:00-18:00.
The teaching weekends are usually spaced four weeks apart, going up to nine weeks in some instances.
This is to accommodate Ramadan and holiday periods.
At Bradford core modules are taught from Friday to Sunday 9:00-18:00.
A limited number of electives are available over a weekend. Most are available as blocks during May–June over Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Some electives are only available online, for example Circular Economy, Core Principles and Concepts.
An example timetable can be provided on request, during the application process.
The majority of modules are available online. This means that if you are unable to make a weekend, you can study the module online instead, thus providing you with greater flexibility.
Assessment is mainly by a 2,000 word assignment. The Management Project is 9,000 words.
Students can study block modules in Bradford or Toulouse.
Career support and prospects
During your time studying at the Faculty of Management and Law you will have the opportunity to take part in our distinctive career booster programme throughout the duration of your course. The programme is designed to equip you with the necessary skills and graduate attributes to be job-ready when seeking employment with leading innovative organisations. The Career Booster Programme offers you the opportunity to gain certificates in:
- The European Computer Driving License (EDCL) - the benchmark for digital literacy
- Sage 50 Accounting and Sage 50 Payroll - training that will allow you to develop leading accounting and payroll software skills
- Project Manager Professional certificates - giving you the edge when seeking to become a Certified Project Manager
- Big Data analysis and reporting skills - using Software and Services (SAS) that will lead to certification.
In addition, the programme will also include activities to promote teamwork, confidence, communication and many other skills sought by employers.
Developing a portfolio of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certificates will demonstrate to employers that you are not only ambitious but also take responsibility for your own professional development.
The University is committed to helping students develop and enhance employability and this is an integral part of many programmes. Specialist support is available throughout the course from Career and Employability Services including graduate vacancies. Students are encouraged to access this support at an early stage and to use the extensive resources on the Careers web site.
Discussing options with specialist advisers helps to clarify plans through exploring options and refining skills of job-hunting. In most of our programmes there is direct input by Career Advisers into the curriculum or through specially arranged workshops.
An online career development programme is available to you. If you are unable to attend in-person we conduct individualised Skype coaching sessions.
An MBA is an opportunity to either change career direction or consolidate experience then return and progress in a previous industry or job. The Financial Times Global MBA rankings show that, on average, 20% of alumni achieve board-level positions within three years of graduation.
On completion of the programme participants go into a wide variety of functions and sectors, including IT/Telecoms, Finance & Banking and Industry being amongst the most popular.
Our teaching staff can offer face-to-face guidance during the 'long weekend' teaching sessions. You'll also receive support from a dedicated programme administration team. All course material is available online. This includes a study book, lecture slides and audio, alongside discussion boards that students can use for support during their studies In addition to the face-to-face teaching four online tutorials are available after the weekend module. These will be led by the lecturer who conducted the module.
The programme is research-led, and applies the latest thinking and concepts to managerial and business issues (for example Business Ethics and Sustainability, and the Circular Economy).
Fees, Finance and Scholarships
Tuition fees are subject to review for students starting their course in subsequent years. See our Fees and Financial Support website for more details.
Travel bursaries are available for students to apply to study block electives at the Bradford campus. The bursary will be between £250-750, and will be paid to students upon proof of receipts covering the relevant travel and accommodation expenses incurred when attended the block module(s). Applications are assessed by the MBA Director of Studies and awarded on a case by case basis, application forms will be made available when students commence their studies.
Self-funded University of Bradford alumni, regardless of when they have graduated will receive a 15% discount on the self-funded element of their tuition fees if they achieved a 2:2 or above in their undergraduate degree or a pass in their Master's.
How do I find out more?
Steps to Postgraduate Study
Find out more about studying at a postgraduate level on the official, independent website Steps to Postgraduate Study (link opens in new window).
How to apply
Applications are considered as they are presented and so it is advisable to apply as soon as possible.
The easiest way to apply is online.
- Apply for 2017/18 entry (September 2017 - July 2018 start)
- Apply for 2018/19 entry (September 2018 - July 2019 start)
This will help us process your application more quickly and allow you to submit your supporting documents electronically.
Apply by post
If you are unable to apply online you can download the application form:
- MBA application procedure and instructions (PDF, 128KB)
- MBA Application Form (PDF, 132KB)
- Confidential reference form (PDF, 101KB) (two printed copies are required)
Download and print an Application Form plus the Confidential Reference Form (two printed copies). Send the completed Application Form (with a covering letter and any supporting documentation) to:
University of Bradford
Send the Confidential Reference forms to your two referees asking them to forward them to our address (printed on the form).
Download the programme specification for MBA (Executive MBA in Dubai)
This is the current course information. Modules and course details may change, subject to the University's programme approval, monitoring and review procedures. The University reserves the right to alter or withdraw courses, services and facilities as described on our website without notice and to amend Ordinances, Regulations, fees and charges at any time. Students should enquire as to the up-to-date position when applying for their course of study.