The School of Management has a wide and diverse network of international partnerships, with a range of collaborative programme relationships and overseas study opportunities for our students.
Our current international footprint extends to countries across key regions in Europe (France, Italy, Netherland, Poland and Spain), MENA and Gulf (Bahrain, Oman and Qatar and the UAE), South Asia (India) and East Asia (China, Hong Kong, the Philippines and Singapore).
Through this extensive network of partners, the School has offerings across its range of undergraduate (UG), postgraduate taught (PGT) and postgraduate research (PGR).
Our strategic approach is in support of the wider institutional internationalisation strategy within the University of Bradford – and is underpinned by the following key aspects:
- Developing partnerships and collaborations with high quality accredited institutions
- Developing a team and governance structure to allow us to deliver
- Increasing the internationalisation of student experience through inward and outward student mobility and TNE
- Improving student recruitment across key markets in a sustainable manner
- Building and sustaining international partnerships across teaching, research and knowledge transfer
- Leveraging international alumni and external stakeholder networks
- Engaging staff with the internationalisation agenda
As part of this, our emphasis is on building progressive, mutually beneficial and embedded international relationships. We will build upon our reputation and international standing, connecting through to key regions via our current institutional hubs in in Dubai (UAE) in the MENA region and in Beijing (China) in the East Asia region.
Hence our international vision is:
To develop and grow partnerships with partners of equal or better standing that align with our strategy & accreditation requirements, in order to provide a truly international and cross-cultural business education experience for the benefit of our students, on-campus and digitally on-line.
Partners and Markets
As noted above, we have a wealth of international partners and partnership types across all key global regional markets:
- Dubai (University of Bradford, UAE Hub)
- France (Audencia Nantes Ecole de Management)
- Oman (College of Banking and Financial Studies)
- Poland (Kozminski University)
- Spain (Universidad de Bilbao)
Worldwide Exchange Partners
- Canada (University of Manitoba)
- Hong Kong (Hong Kong Polytechnic)
- South Korea (Yonsei University)
- Study abroad exchange relationships exist with over 14 European countries such as Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and Turkey
- See our Study Abroad section for further details
Knowledge transfer and related Networks
Jean Monnet Network 'The European Union, Africa and China in the Global Age' - Partner institutions:
- Burundi (University of Burundi, CERFOPAX)
- China (Lancaster University, Shandong Campus)
- Greece (University of the Peloponnese)
- Kenya (United States International University - Africa)
- Rwanda (Protestant Institute for Arts and Social Sciences)
- Tanzania (Uongozi Institute of African Leadership for Sustainable Development)
- Uganda (Gulu University)
World Technology University Congress (University of Bradford, various nations)
- Brazil (Colegio Pentagono, Sao Paolo Brazil)
- Brunei (Laksamana College of Business)
- China (Beijing Foreign Studies University, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Chinese Service Centre for Scholarly Exchange, Heilongjiang University, Qingdao University International College, Sichuan University, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics)
- Finland (Helbus Business School)
- India (Amity International University)
- Netherlands (IVA Business School)
- Qatar (College of the North Atlantic)
- South Korea (Busan University of Foreign Studies)
Memorandums of Understanding (selection shown)
- China (University of Changzhou)
- India (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade)
- Indonesia (Universitas Gadjah Mada)
- Jordan (Applied Science Private University, Tafila Technical University, University of Jordan)
- Malaysia (City University)
- South Korea (Korea University)
We provide extensive and developing Study Abroad, International Summer School and Study Tour opportunities, as detailed below.
As a student at the University of Bradford School of Management, you have the opportunity to study abroad at one of our partner institutions for a semester or a year.
Studying in a foreign country will be a defining moment in your life.
As well as immersing yourself in a new learning environment, it’s a chance to broaden your academic and personal horizons, explore new cultures and develop new perspectives on your subject of study.
It’s also an opportunity to experience different cultures and lifestyles, acquire inter-cultural communication skills and a wider knowledge of the world.
Erasmus Exchange Scheme (Europe) – example institutions
- Aarhus School of Business and Economics
- Grenoble Ecole de Management
- IAE Lille
- Tilburg University
- Umeå School of Business and Economics
- University of Cologne
- University of Gdansk
- University of Lisbon
- Vrije University
World Wide Exchange
- California State University (AACSB accredited campuses only)
- Clarkson University (Potsdam, New York)
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Hosei University (Tokyo)
- ISEP participating institutions in the US (AACSB accredited only)
- National Chengchi University
- University of Manitoba (Winnipeg)
The University of Bradford also offers opportunities for shorter international placements. Please see the main Study Abroad website for details.
International Management Summer School
Supporting the development and experiential learning of students from local, national and international backgrounds is a vital element of our combined international and education (learning and teaching) strategy.
We are very proud to host an annual sustainability-themed International Management Sustainability Summer School (IMSS) at our Emm Lane campus in the iconic Heaton Mount conferencing centre.
This brings together a range of Masters-level students from our own as well as partner and collaborative partner institutions, principally from across Europe and the Middle East / Gulf countries, looking at key issues and challenges from across the management landscape in terms of sustainability, ethics and the circular economy.
Further details can be found here.
The School of Management launched two overseas study tours in September 2017 in support of providing undergraduate students with international cultural insight into business in overseas markets.
In partnership with both Ahlia University (Bahrain) and Qatar University (Qatar), the School of Management at University of Bradford was excited to launch and support an “Entrepreneurs across Borders” initiative, aiming to integrate both the theory and practice of transacting business in emerging markets.
Key elements of both tours include a series of workshops, business and organisation visits (including to multinational organisations, social enterprises and startup / incubators), cultural visits, guest talks and social activities with partner institution students and staff.
Undergraduate students at the Bahrain Stock Exchange
Masters students in Qatar
What our students said
“I do not think I have ever learned more in five days than I have on this trip. I really feel like I have made the right decision in choosing an MSc in International Business and Management, and all the learning from this trip adds a great, real life and practical piece of knowledge to my theoretical learning from my MSc.” (Tom Wijnen)
“The stereotype regarding the women’s role was completely broken down on this trip. Never did it cross my mind that women can actually get important roles in organisations and companies - I was really happy to discover that.” (Nassreen Karimo Bachir)