Dr Saima Rifet
|Department||Faculty of Management & Law|
|Feedback Hours||Mondays 14:00-16:00|
|Visit my LinkedIn profile|
|The Conversation||Visit my profile page on The Conversation|
Research Interests (key words only)
Identity, Working lives, Acculturation, Life Story Interviews, Careers across a life course, Employability, Motivation and job satisfaction
Saima is currently supervising PhDs. She is looking to supervise students interested in Critical Management Studies.
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
- People Work and Organsiations/Work in Context (Yr1 UG)
- Employee Relations - Second marker (Yr3 UG)
- Human Resource Management (Yr 3 UG)
- Human Resource Management (MSc)
- Leading Managing and Developing People (MSc)
- Professional Practice Diploma (Programme Leader)
- MBA and MSc Supervision
- Personal Academic Tutoring (across all years)
Saima, a former Bradford Graduate, studied her BSc in Psychology, before moving on to study an MSc in Finance Accounting and Management. Following completion of her PGC Employability and Entrepreneurship, Saima enrolled onto a PhD here at the Faculty of Management and Law to explore Hybridity in the 21st Century.
In April 2015 Saima completed her PhD and moved into her first academic role as a GENOVATE Research Fellow at the Centre for Inclusion and Diversity here in Bradford. A year later, in May 2016 Saima returned to the Faculty of Management and law as Lecturer in Human Resource Management & Organisational Behaviour.
In summer 2016 Saima was awarded 'Best PhD Thesis of the Critical Management Studies Division' by the Academy of Management and is now developing papers from her thesis.
Saima is a qualitative researcher and uses life story interviews extensively in her work. Saima has completed her PGCert in Higher Education Practice and is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- BSc Hons Pschology
- MSc Finance Accounting and Management
- PGC Entrepreneurship & Employability
- PhD Exploring Hybridity in the 21st Century
- PGC Higher Education Practice
Over the last decade Saima has had experience of working across the university, in the student’s union, and in collaboration with various faculties at the University of Bradford. Following the completion of her PhD in 2015, Saima secured a post at the Faculty of Health as a Research Fellow on the GENOVATE project, funded by the European Commission. Saima joined the Faculty of Management and Law as full time Lecturer in May 2016.
In her previous roles Saima has worked in various industries, including the banking sector; the waste and clean water industry; event planning; community services; and property development research.
Presented research at the following conferences:
- QRM (Qualitative Research in Management and Organization) 2016 (New Mexico)
- Annual NARTI Doctoral Conference 2015 (Leeds)
- Identity, Gender Equality and Future Prospects Workshop (MUST University, AJK)
Saima offers workshops, seminars and interactive guest lectures to community groups, managers, local businesses and schools/colleges/universities on her research interests to support the development of stakeholder knowledge and understanding.