Mr Howard Pearse Collins
|Location||Richmond Building, G39|
|Department||Optometry and Vision Science|
Research Interests (key words only)
Temporal perception, adaptation, stereopsis
Teaching and Supervisory Responsibilities
- First-year Ocular Health Assessment
- First-year Refraction and Refractive Error practicals
- Second-year Assessment and Management of Binocular Vision practicals
Originally from Epsom in Surrey, Howard studied his undergraduate in Optometry at Bradford, graduating in 2001.
Following this he spent 15 years working for a variety of high street opticians where he also supervised pre-registration optometrists.
He returned to the University of Bradford in 2016 to start a PhD researching Temporal Perception and Adaptation, supervised by Dr James Heron and Dr Andrew Logan.
- BSc (Hons) Optometry, 2001, The University of Bradford
- Full-time Optometrist and Pre-registration Supervisor, 2002-2016
- Member of the College of Optometrists