Laptops are available to borrow from the self-service Lapsafe cabinet opposite the library enquiry desk.
Using the laptop loan service
- Laptops cannot be booked in advance. They are available on a first come first served basis.
- Laptops can only be borrowed for up to 1 week. They cannot be renewed, as we expect them to be in high demand and supply is limited.
- Fines of £1 per working day will be charged on late returns.
- When borrowing or returning a laptop, you should check the power supply is in the bag before leaving the library. Please inform a member of library staff if it is missing.
About the laptops
- All laptops are supplied in their carry case with a power supply.
- All laptops have Windows 10 installed.
- You will need to be connected to WiFi to log into the laptop. Use the WiFi button on the login screen to connect to your WiFi off-campus. More instructions are available when you borrow the laptop.
- Use your University username (email@example.com) and password to log in.
- You will have access to your OneDrive. However, you will not be able to access your M drive.
- To print, you will need to use the wireless printing service.
How we are keeping you safe
- All laptops are quarantined for 72 hours on return to minimise the risk of Covid-19 transmission.
- The touchscreen on the Lapsafe cabinet will be cleaned frequently through the day.
Laptop Support Fund
The University of Bradford has established the Laptop Support Fund to help students who have no access to IT equipment, and do not have the financial means to purchase their own laptop. Eligible students will receive a long-term laptop loan for the full duration of their course.
COVID-19 changes to service
Due to restrictions caused by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic the following services have had to be temporarily suspended:
- Booking and using group study rooms
- Booking and borrowing skeletons
We apologise for any inconvenience caused by these changes. Services will be restored as soon as it is safe to do so.