Borrowing and returning items
- Undergraduate Students: 12 items
- Postgraduate Students: 18 items
- Non-Academic Staff: 12 items
- Academic Staff: 18 items
Note: All one week and four week loan items will be renewed automatically on the due date if possible. Three day loans will need to be renewed manually.
Check your loans and return dates online
Your loans and their return dates are shown in your My Library account. Please return any items by the due date if you receive notification that items have not been automatically renewed.
Note: Loan periods vary, and you cannot borrow anything if you have a fine of £5 or more.
Use the self-issue machines to borrow library materials.
We changed to a new issue system in September 2019. Not all of our books may yet be issued with the new machines.
- If your book is not recognised by the issue machine, ask a member of staff or a Student Learning Champion to help. It should be good to go injust a few moments.
- If your book is not recognised and there is nobody to help, please use the old issue machine to borrow the item. This machine will read the barcode inside the book.
Use the self-return machine in the wall to the left of the Welcome Desk outside the JB Priestley Library.
Please note! If your book was issued using the old issuing system, you will see the message "unknown item" when it is placed in the returns machine. It will get "checked in" by a member of staff a little later so won't come off your record instantly. Do check your library account and let us know if there are any problems.