European Union resources
EU legislative databases
- EUR-LEX (external link) - portal to legal and judicial materials, including full text of the Official Journal from 1998, adopted legislation, case law, proposals, Green and White papers, parliamentary questions and legislative procedures. Updated daily.
EU non-legislative databases
- CORDIS (external link) - the Community Research and Development Service. Databases include contacts, news, partners, results. Information and calls for participation in the Sixth Framework Programme.
- ECLAS (external link) - catalogue of the libraries of the Commission.
- EU Bookshop (external link) - online bookshop and archive of publications of the EU institutions. Singel copies of some titles are free to download.
- EU Whoiswho (external link) - Official Directory of the EU.
- Press Releases database (external link) - information from the European Commission, including press releases, speeches, background reports and the Conclusions of the Presidency.
- Tenders Electronic Daily (TED) (external link) - online database of the Official Journal's supplement giving details of contracts and tenders.
- European Commission (external link)
- European Council, and the Council of the European Union - covering the work of the Council, including information on the Presidencies.
- Public register of Council documents (external link) - access to publicly available Council documents.
- Court of Justice (external link) - includes recent case law.
- European Parliament (external link) - the documents and activities of the Parliament.
- European Ombudsman (external link) - information about the work of the European Ombudsman, including texts of reports and decisions.
- Official Euro site (external link) - the Commission's Euro site.
- European Central Bank (external link) - including press releases, publications, ECB statistics and links to EU central banks.
EurWORK - the European Observatory of Working Life, including reports, studies and some statistical data on employment, industrial relations, working conditions and social issues at EU and member state level.
- Europe Direct (external link) - network of EU information providers.
- Representation of the European Commission in the UK (external link) - especially useful for weekly updates, briefings and the Press Watch and Euromyths materials.
- UK information from the European Parliament (external link)
- Regional contacts and EU information sources in the UK (external link)
Eurobarometer (external link) - the European Commission's public opinion surveys.
- The Centre for European Policy Studies (external link) - news, events and full text of commentaries, plus details of publications.
- Centre for European Reform (external link) - online briefing papers and bulletin.
- The European Policy Centre (external link) - full text of notes and reports.
- European Research Papers Archive (external link) - common access point for online working paper series on European integration research.
- Historical Archives of the European Union (external link)
News and current affairs
- EurActiv (external link) - news, current affairs and policy dossiers.
- EU Observer (external link) - news and topical reports on EU-centred issues
- EU Business (external link) - independent online business information service
For further help and information about European Union Resources please Contact Grace Hudson.