Blackberry Instructions (Tested on Blackberry Bold)
There are a large number of different Blackberry devices which run slightly different versions of the same operating system, and as such it is not practical for us to provide detailed instructions for each device. The generic instructions below should be sufficient for the range of devices, but please bear in mind that in places the interface and names of fields may differ slightly dependant upon the model.
- On the home screen press the menu button and choose WiFi or Manage Connections.
- Choose setup WiFi network.
- Select the network named eduroam.
- Do not change any of the default settings (eg, keep the Security type set to PEAP).
- In the username field, enter your University username and then append with @bradford.ac.uk
Important: you must use your username, not your email address. For example, a student called J B Priestley would have the university username jbpriest, his email would be email@example.com (or possibly firstname.lastname@example.org if he registered with the University before 16 June 2014), but to login to eduroam he would need to use email@example.com
- Enter your University password.
- Check the box to disable certificate validation.
- Choose connect.
Your device should now be connected to the internet via eduroam. In future to connect you will only need to carry out steps 1 - 3, as your device should retain your credentials and the certificate for future use.