The IT Support and Telecoms group, in the form of IT Servicedesk and IT Support, provide first and second level support on any computer or telephony related matter. Support includes desktop equipment, micro applications, equipment maintenance, and application support.
The purpose of the IT Servicedesk and IT Support teams is two-fold:
- to provide help and assistance where possible, and
- to initiate a problem resolution procedure for any problems that cannot be resolved immediately.
- First and second level support for all IT and Telephony related enquiries.
- UOB Application / Account Administration and Provisioning.
- IT Support (Level 2) Advice and Support Service – Telephone and Desk site Visits.
- User & Application support.
- PC Desktop/Laptop support – installation, upgrades and fault resolution.
- PC Cluster support.
- PC Clinic Service (students only).
- Network support of wired / wireless data connections – advice, technical support and fault resolution.
- Consultancy guidance and advice on telecoms and enquiry management related issues.
- Telephone Extension Management and Configuration.
- Telephone Directory Management.
- Corporate Mobility Administration and Support.
- Telephone Call Logging Administration and Support.
- Video Conferencing Support.
- Contact Centre and problem / request job logging and tracking system.
- Job reference number and job logged / closed email confirmations.
- Production / publication of monthly and annual job tracking statistics.
- Liaison with external goods and service suppliers, maintenance companies and other external contacts.
Available to all staff and some University associates.
IT Servicedesk is available from 07:30 - 17:30 weekdays. The service will not be available when the University is closed. There will be one telephone number for all calls - extension 3333.
Outside of these hours an out-of-hours support service hosted by the University of Northumberland will be available. The service (NorMAN) will operate every night, 17:30 - 07:30 and at weekends from 17:30 on Friday until 07:30 on the following Monday. Alternatively, you can still leave us a voicemail to be acted upon when IT Servicedesk next opens.
Level of service
Service level definitions are available.
Support and documentation
Support is available from IT Servicedesk.
Please note that abusive callers will not be tolerated. All IT Servicedesk and IT Support staff are under strict instruction to terminate such calls, until the individual concerned can discuss their problem / request in a reasonable manner. Persistent offenders may be disciplined under the University's Code of Practice on Personal Harassment or University Ordinances and Regulations.