Email for Students
The student email service provides all students with a personal email account with a University address. The service is provided by Microsoft but managed by IT Services.
- Provision of a University email address and mailbox hosted by Microsoft Office 365.
- On site and remote access.
- Ability to share mailbox items and collaborate with others.
- Office 365 Recover Deleted Items functionality allows users to self-restore emails deleted within 14 days.
- Known spam and virus threats spam are filtered out (with a degree of customer control).
- IMAP access to the mail store is available. However this will only give limited functionality (no access to calendars).
Available to all students.
24 hours throughout the year with the following exceptions:
- System maintenance normally takes place during the weekly improvement period. Scheduled improvement dates are also planned throughout the year. See all IT improvement dates.
Any performance issues are displayed on the IT Service Status page.
Level of service
Support and documentation
Students are automatically provided with an Office 365 account when they activate their University IT account. The email address is constructed based on name information in the official student record.
Student email addresses are searchable for internal users:
- In the Global Address List within Office 365.
- In the University’s contacts directory.
To request a change in the allocated email address, contact IT Servicedesk in the first case. In general, changes will only be made based on student record data, however IT Servicedesk can advise on this matter.
Users should actively housekeep their mailbox.
This service is provided free of charge.