Please select a button below:
Advice about what password to choose
- It must be at least 8 characters (up to 16 characters permitted) and must contain a number, lowercase and uppercase letter within the first 8 characters.
- Make it easy to remember so you don’t need to write it down, but something that you can type in quickly.
- Do not use your username in any form, eg 'jrbloggs' cannot have the password 'jrbloggs', 'jrBLoggs', or 'jrBloggsisAce'.
- Do not use your name in any form, or any other easily obtained information (eg your address etc).
- Do not use spaces or non-English characters.
- Do not use a word from a dictionary or any other kind of list, or the name of a famous person.
- Change your password frequently.
- Choose a line from a song. Use the first letter of each word and include a number, eg 'No woman, no cry' by Bob Marley becomes Nwncb1B.
- Alternate between a consonant, one or two vowels and a number. This produces words that are often pronounceable and easily remembered, eg Rout2Boo.
- Choose two short words and join them with number, eg Dog94paw, or cuP12mug.