NVivo Installation Guide
Note: If you encounter problems with your installation contact IT Servicedesk with a full description of the problem. Please include any error numbers and screenshots where relevant.
Installing NVivo for Windows
Installing Nvivo from Internet Explorer
- Go to http://www.bradford.ac.uk/it-services/files/auth/NVivo11.x86.exe.
- Enter your University username and password and click on OK.
- When asked what you'd like to do, click on Save.
- After a minute a message will tell you your download has completed. Click on Open Folder.
- Double click on NVivo11.x86.exe.
- You will be asked if the programme can make changes to your computer. Click on Yes.
- On the NVivo11 – InstallShield Wizard screen, click on OK.
- On the next screen click on Install. This can take a few minutes to complete.
- Follow the Wizard, accepting the defaults as you go.
- On the NVivo Installer Completed screen, click on Finish.
- A desktop shortcut will be created. Double click on the NVivo11 icon.
- On the Welcome to NVivo 11 screen, enter the license key you have received and click on Next.
- On the License Activation screen, complete the fields and click on Activate.
- On the User Profile screen, enter your details and click on OK. NVivo will now start automatically.
Installing NVivo for Mac
Installing NVivo from Safari
- Go to http://www.bradford.ac.uk/it-services/files/auth/NVivo.dmg.
- Enter your University username and password and click on Log In. Progress of the download can been seen in the Download box on the top right of the Safari screen.
- When complete open Finder, click on Downloads and then double click on NVivo.dmg.
- A screen will open and verify the download. Do not click on anything yet.
- On the NVivo screen, click on the NVivo icon, drag it across to the blue A folder and unclick.
- On the Applications screen, double click on the NVivo icon
- Read the terms of the license agreement and if you agree, click on Agree.
- On the Welcome to NVivo for Mac screen, select Enter NVivo License Key, enter the code you have received and then click on Next.
- On the License Activation screen, complete your details and click on Activate.
- A screen with the message "Your License Has Now Been Activated" will appear. Click on OK.
- NVivo will now start. There will also be an icon on the Dock and an icon in Launchpad.