Skip to content

Deferring your studies

You may wish to defer your offer if:

  • you have a change in your personal circumstances
  • you are unable to meet the pre-CAS requirements
  • you are unable to arrive by the latest start date for your course
  • your visa application was unsuccessful

If you decide to defer, you must inform the International Student Support & UKVI Compliance team immediately at

If you have already been issued with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS):

  • and have obtained a visa, your deferral will be reported to UKVI and you will not be able to enter the UK.
  • and have not yet applied for a visa, your CAS will be withdrawn

You will need to apply for a new CAS and visa before the new start date of your course.