DCM™ for Realising Person Centred Care
A four day course which equips you to use Dementia Care Mapping™ within your organisation.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand person centred dementia care, and its application in practice
- Describe the psychological needs of people with dementia, and ways to meet them
- Use DCM™ to assess and make recommendations for the realisation of person centred dementia care
- Brief colleagues on the use of DCM™
The course covers:
- The underlying philosophy of person-centred care
- The four coding frames used in Dementia Care Mapping™
- The rules governing coding, processing of the data and practical issues around briefing and feeding back to care staff
The next available dates are:
- 15-18 May 2018 (Bradford)
- 25-28 September 2018 (Bradford)
- 26-29 November 2018 (London)
Care providers can also commission this training for in-house delivery to staff in their organisation.
Those successfully completing the course receive a University of Bradford certificate recording their status as a Basic User of Dementia Care Mapping™. The course can be included as part of measures to fulfil the ambitions of the National Dementia Strategy.
Book your place
Heaton Mount Conference CentreDownload Booking Form: Bradford Course – May 2018
Heaton Mount Conference CentreDownload Booking Form: Bradford Course – September 2018
Nightingale HouseDownload Booking Form: London Course – November 2018
If we all implement this, then the world for people living with dementia will improve.
The whole four days has been a wonderful experience and one that will continue in my DCM™ mapping in the future. Both trainers worked well together to deliver excellent sessions to everyone’s needs.
One of the best, most useful courses I have attended in a long time. Both enjoyable and very informative.
The course is first class, quality and thorough. Loved it.
"This course should be made mandatory to all care staff. I went to Uni for 3 years, and learnt more about PCC for people with dementia in the last 4 days"
"I will take the skills and knowledge that you have taught me and try to make my own piece of space the best that it can be"
"Please continue to do this training for other people to help people with dementia"
"As an OT the principles of PCC and DCM are a perfect fit with the philosophy underpinning OT"
"Made me hungry to learn more about DCM and reinforced that I am on the right journey in the care I give"
"Very supportive; always open for suggestions; knowledgeable about procedures"
"Lots of knowledge – could respond to everyone’s questions instantly!"
"I feel really passionate about putting DCM into practice"
"Really enjoyed the training and new learning. Gave me a new language"