DCM™ for Leading Practice Change
This is a four day advanced course which develops leadership skills, enabling you to use DCM™ to effectively embed high quality person-centred care across your organisation.
You will be supported to use evidence based reflection on your role in leading change to make a difference to the quality of care.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Deliver a DCM™ related service improvement utilising leadership, quality and change management approaches
- Use DCM™ to embed person-centred care across your organisation, which can include a variety of client groups and a range of settings
- Use DCM™ to monitor and improve the quality of care practice across your organisation and to prepare for regulation and inspection
- Ensure effective stakeholder involvement, including people with dementia and their families, in the DCM™ process
- Use best practice examples and research evidence to demonstrate the impact and effectiveness of DCM™
Attendance is a three-day block followed by a one-day review, held at the University of Bradford.
Care providers can also commission this training for in-house delivery to staff in their organisation.
Those successfully completing the course receive a University of Bradford certificate recording their status as an Advanced User of Dementia Care Mapping™. The course can be included as part of measures to fulfil the ambitions of the National Dementia Strategy.
You can read about our last DCM™ for Leading Practice Change course on our blog.
Pre-requisites for attendance
- Be a University of Bradford approved DCM™ (Basic) User in Version 8.0
- To have carried out a DCM™ cycle within the past six months
- To be in a role that enables you to influence practice change within your organisation
£850 per person, inclusive of lunches and refreshments. There is an additional cost for residential accommodation.
Next course dates
The next available dates are:
- 20-22 March 2018 and 5 July 2018
You can book your place now using the form below: