We have been working in partnership with MHA since 2011 to develop a sustainable programme of training across all MHA care homes staff.
To revise MHA’s existing training materials and develop new materials that can be delivered in an interactive and sustainable manner by MHA staff to their peers
- Developed a range of learning materials on various topics, in a modularised format. MHA staff successfully completing each course will receive a certificate of attendance co-badged by the University of Bradford and MHA
- Developed a model for training selected MHA staff from each care home to become Dementia Facilitators, who are responsible for onward delivery of the materials within their own care home
- Trained one member of MHA’s training and development team as a Dementia Facilitator Trainer and Assessor to support the training of further Dementia Facilitators within the organisation
We have drawn on theoretical and best practice knowledge from:
- Adult learning
- Training in health and social care
- Our 20 years of experience of delivering dementia training and education
To date around 20 Dementia facilitators have been trained.
This work represents an ongoing partnership between The University of Bradford and MHA, with the intention that this programme will continue for at least five years.