Creating a Model for Person Centred Care Across Nightingale-Hammerson
We have been working in partnership with Nightingale-Hammerson since 2011 to develop cutting edge Person Centred Care.
Nightingale Hammerson is a large charity that provides care and support for older people from the Jewish community.
- To develop a whole organisational approach to sustainable Person Centred Care
- To create a model for high quality humanistic care practice
Working unit by unit across the home, we have facilitated an number of changes to care practice and developed greater workforce knowledge in Person Centred Care.
- Developed staff knowledge through training in person centred care
- Introduced enriched care planning across the home
- Developed mealtimes, activity provision and leadership across the home
- Developed champions who support the development of person centred care on each unit
- Overhauled the way in which tasks are undertaken in the home, such as medication administration
We are currently one year in to our project and have learnt a great deal.
Over the year we have seen well being for people who live at the home increase.
We have seen significant increases in care staff knowledge and major changes to care processes such as care planning, medication administration, mealtimes and activity provision.
As a true partnership, we are committed to measuring our impact across the two year project and jointly sharing our findings more widely at national conferences.