BHiRCH International Advisory Group
The International Advisory Group consists of academics and expert professionals in health and social care. We seek their advice at regular intervals throughout the project.
The Group is chaired by Professor Finbarr Martin (Kings College London) and members comprise:
- Jenny Adams, University of Bradford
- Professor Barbara Bowers, University of Wisconsin
- Professor Lynn Chenoweth, University of New South Wales
- Professor John Gladman, University of Nottingham
- Professor Claire Goodman, University of Hertfordshire
- Professor Martin Green, Care England
- Professor Raymond Koopmans, UMC St Radbound University
- Professor Julienne Meyer, My Home Life / City University London
- Professor Des O'Neill, Trinity College Dublin
- Professor Joseph Ouslander, Florida Atlantic University
- Dr Hilary Rhoden, PPI (Public and Patient Involvement)
- Professor Graham Stokes, BUPA Care Services
- Louise Taylor, Park Lodge Care Home
- Gavin Terry, Alzheimer's Society
- Stephen Williams, University of Bradford
We have met with the group twice, most recently in January 2017. The next meeting will be in Spring 2018.
Individual members of the IAG have visited us in person to offer advice and support including:
- Professor Barbara Bowers of the University of Wisconsin at Madison, USA provided us with helpful advice about making sure that the care homes and staff who participated in the study were rewarded for their participation. Professor Bowers has played a leading role in evaluation of the Green House model of long-term care and provides advice to the US government on its care home policy development
- Professor Lynn Chenoweth, Professor of Nursing at the University of New South Wales in Australia, came to Bradford and advised us to consider the staff’s perspective on working with families as well as families’ perspective on working with care home staff.
Last updated 17 July 2017