Skip to content
Open menu Close menu


The University encourages everyone to report, record and investigate accidents and incidents in order that we can learn from experience and reduce the number of injuries and dangerous situations which may lead to an accident.

Report an Accident/Incident

Serious injuries which may result in hospital treatment or absence from work should be reported immediately to Health, Safety & Wellbeing Services in order that certain types of accident/incident may be reported to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR).

Incident Reporting, Recording and Investigation Policy

If you discover a potential accident situation please report this as a near miss on the accident/incident report form and take action to resolve the matter.  This may involve contacting the Estates and Facilities Helpdesk on extension 3001 to inform them of defects such as damaged paving flags, faulty carpet, water leaks etc in order that they may arrange a repair.