Professor Shirley Congdon
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)
Committees: Senate (member); Executive Board (member); Governance and Nominations (member); Honorary Degrees (member).
Shirley Congdon is Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) at the University of Bradford
Shirley's professional and academic expertise lies within the area of health and social care service modernisation and cultural change, research methods and evidence-based practice. She has worked within the field of higher education for 22 years during which time she has held a number of senior posts in a number of higher education institutes. She is passionate about the student experience and committed to creating excellence in learning and teaching. She believes that the cultivation of an environment in which students and staff are supported to be outstanding and creative will enhance student success.
Roles and memberships
- Stakeholder Governor of the Board of Bradford District Care Trust (shadow format)
- Governor of Leeds College of Art
- Member of the Health Education Yorkshire and the Humber, representing the regions Higher Education Institutes
- Member of The Council of Deans for the UK
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. Ref. 31372
- Member of the Royal College of Nursing
- Member of NHS Yorkshire and Humber Regional Leadership Council
Professor Congdon has two current recorded qualifications with Nursing and Midwifery Council. PIN: 79J3221E.
- PA: Michelle Kenyon