Mr Mike Bell (2020)
Appointed by the Court
Committees: Audit (member), Honorary Degrees Committee (member), Redundancy Committee (member).
Mike Bell graduated from the University of Bradford in 1968 with a BTech in Electrical Engineering, after completing a sandwich course sponsored by Smiths Industries at Cheltenham.
At Smiths he worked on the design of Avionic Systems for the Jaguar and Harrier Aircraft, and on leading research and development programmes with the Royal Aircraft Establishment, Farnborough.
Mike, a chartered engineer, has also worked for Linotype-Paul and BAE Systems.
His other roles include:
- Fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Honorary Secretary of Lancashire and Cumbria Network
- Member of the North West Regional Network Committee
- Secretary of the Graduates' Association
- Member of the Court
- Treasurer of Lytham Methodist Church