Mr Maurice Watkins CBE, LL.B., LL.M. (2018)
Committees:- Audit (member); Governance and Nominations (member); Ethics (member).
Maurice Watkins is a Senior Partner and Head of Sport at Brabners LLP, Solicitors Manchester.
Maurice Watkins CBE, LL.B., LL.M. is a Senior Partner and Head of Sport at Brabners LLP, Solicitors Manchester. He was a director of Manchester United Football Club for 28 years and a director of Manchester United PLC for 13 years. He currently holds a number of positions in Sport including Chair of British Swimming, Barnsley Football Club, the Rugby League European Federation and is President of The British Association for Sport and Law. Maurice is a director of Lancashire County Cricket Club and a former director of the Rugby Football League for 12 years. Maurice is also a Trustee of the Professional Footballers Pension Scheme.
Current Charitable Activities:
- Chairman of Governors – The Manchester Grammar School
- Chairman of New Islington Free School project
- Chairman of Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Charity
- CBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List 2011 for services to Charity.
- 2011 – Award and Honorary Fellowship by University College London.
- March 2013 - Manchester Legal Awards – Outstanding Achievement Award.
- April 2013 – North West Business Masters Awards 2013 – North West Pride Award.
- Brabners LLP were winners of the 2013 North West Football Awards for Business Services.
- Brabners LLP were winners of the 2014 Football Business Award Best Professional Service Business serving football – this was a national award.
- Voted 2014 Who’s Who International Sports and Entertainment Lawyer of the Year.