Skip to content
Open menu Close menu

Motor Insurance


The University provides insurance for authorised drivers of the University fleet of vehicles with Zurich Municipal, policy number - NHE-03CA01-0023, providing they hold a full UK driving licence and have submitted a copy of their Driving Declaration Form (doc, 55kb) to   

Click here to download the  Motor Insurance Certificate (Pdf, 257kb) for the period 1st August 2017 to 31st July 2018

In the event of a claim please complete one of the following forms:

In order to drive a vehicle from the University fleet you must be an authorised driver. To become an authorised driver please contact your line manager in the first instance.

Please note you must declare any medical conditions that could affect your ability to drive, required medication, past driving convictions and any licences that hold over 6 points to your line manager.

N.B Members of staff and students who use their own vehicles on University business or study must have a valid licence & ensure that their motor insurance policy covers them for the relevant business use. The University does not provide insurance cover for such use of personal vehicles. It is the responsibility of the individual to ensure that their vehicle is legally roadworthy with the relevant insurance, tax, MOT certificate (when applicable) and is suitable for business use. A driver's declaration form must be sent to annually to ensure you have dislosed your drivers status. 

Business use includes travel from one campus i.e. School of Management or School of Health to the main campus. It also includes travel from home to any other location that is not your permanent base i.e. not your normal commute. Travel to your placement is classed as your normal place of work or study.

Hired vehicles are covered for insurance by the University's preferred supplier, Arrow Self Drive. Further details on car hire can be found at

For further insurance details please contact: